10 Things You Might Not Know About Piers Platt
10. Piers has a beautiful four-year-old daughter who likes to wake him at 7am on Saturdays and demand Cocoa Pebbles. They like to act out scenes from “The Little Mermaid” together.
9. Piers is an accomplished singer: he performed the national anthem at a major league ballgame, and sang at
Mariah Carey’s first wedding. He has not sung in a while, but he misses it.
8. Piers does not have a single favorite book, but he has re-read “Dune,” “Ender’s Game,” and most of the Tom Clancy books multiple times.
7. Piers is regretting his decision to write this post in the third person.
6. Piers is originally from Boston, so watching the Red Sox win the World Series in 2004 was kind of a religious experience for him. Watching them this season was not so incredible.
5. Piers served in the Army for four years, during which time he led tank and scout platoons on a deployment to Iraq. The lighter side of his combat tour is chronicled in his NY Times bestselling memoir, “Combat and Other Shenanigans.” Readers who sign up for his mailing list can get a copy for free at www.piersplatt.com/newsletter
4. Piers loves the water: he swam and played water polo in high school, and loves to scuba dive with his wife.
3. Piers has no interesting tattoos or body piercings to speak of…sorry.
2. Piers uses the pseudonym “Peter” when ordering pizza, because long experience has taught him it’s just easier that way.
1. Piers’ latest book, “Rath’s Deception” just hit the shelves. Early readers “could not put it down” and are eagerly awaiting Books 2 and 3. As a completely unbiased third party, I can say without hesitation that it kicks ass. Please go check it out ;-)
Piers Platt is the New York Times bestselling author of “Combat and Other Shenanigans,” a memoir of his year-long deployment to Iraq as a tank and scout platoon leader. Piers grew up in Boston, but spent most of his childhood in various boarding schools, including getting trained as a classical singer at a choir school for boys. He joined the Army in 2002, and spent four years on active duty.
When he’s not writing or spending time with his lovely wife and daughter, Piers works as a strategy consultant in New York city.
His latest book is the sci fi/thriller, Rath’s Deception.
For More Information
About the Book:
On the cut-throat streets of Tarkis, orphaned teens like Rath end up jailed … or dead. So when the shadowy Janus Group offers Rath a chance to earn riches beyond his wildest dreams, he seizes it. But the Janus Group is as ruthless as the elite assassins it controls. Rath will have to survive their grueling, off-world training, and fulfill all fifty kills in his contract before a single cent comes his way. And ending so many lives comes with a price Rath can’t anticipate. It’ll certainly cost him what’s left of his innocence. It may well cost him his life.
For More Information
- Rath’s Deception is available at Amazon.
- Discuss this book at PUYB Virtual Book Club at Goodreads.