10 Things You Might Not Know About Patricia Yager Delagrange
- I’ve been a vegetarian since 1976. I don’t eat read meat, chicken, or fish.
- My favorite dinner consists of a tortilla heated up in a frying pan with no grease or butter, covered in sharp cheddar cheese and pinto beans.
- I own a horse. He’s 15 years old and is a big black Friesian. Most people think he’s a Clydesdale but he’s about a thousand pounds short of ever being one! Friesians have long, regal necks and are always totally black and can be of normal height although Maximus is over 16 hands which means he’s pretty tall.
- My favorite thing to do is to go on a trail ride with Maximus in the Oakland hills. People (me included before I bought him) don’t realize that in there are barns and horses in the hills of the big city of Oakland. There are also lovely hiking trails too.
- I have five sisters. My dad’s brother had five girls. I have a lot of cousins but we don’t see each other because everyone is scattered all over the place.
- My best friend is my sister Kathy. She’s always there for me and is an open-hearted, kind individual who doesn’t judge.
- My other best friend is my husband James. I think it’s important to have a husband as a close friend. When times are tough it’s always good to have that communication line open to solve problems.
- My mother and father are both dead. My dad passed away in 1996 soon after my son Dylan was born so he never got to meet my daughter Allessandra. That’s one of the biggest sadnesses in my life. My mom passed in 2008. I miss her more than anyone else.
- I am in love with elephants. Right now I have a tattoo on my left inner forearm of my horse Maximus. My daughter and I are going to get matching elephant tattoos when she turns 18.
- My favorite ice cream is Extreme Moose Tracks. I don’t know WHY they named it that! It’s chocolate ice cream with chunks of chocolate swirled around in it and bits of chocolate with peanut butter inside.
Born and raised in the San Francisco Bay Area, Patricia attended St. Mary’s College, studied her junior year at the University of Madrid, received a B.A. in Spanish at UC Santa Barbara then went on to get a Master’s degree in Education at Oregon State University. She lives with her husband and two teenage children in Alameda, across the bay from San Francisco, along with two very large chocolate labs, Annabella and Jack. Her Friesian horse Maximus lives in the Oakland hills in a stall with a million dollar view.
Her latest book is the romantic women’s fiction, Moon Over Alcatraz.
For More Information
- Visit Patricia Yager Delagrange’s website.
- Connect with Patricia on Facebook and Twitter.
- Find out more about Patricia’s books at Goodreads.
About the Book:
Brandy Chambers was looking forward to the birth of her first child. She and Weston move from San Francisco to the small town of Alameda to start a family, she’s writing her second book, and Weston has a fantastic job working on the Oakland-San Francisco Bay Bridge project. Having this baby would make her already-wonderful life perfect.
But when the baby dies after a difficult birth, Brandy’s perfect life blows up in her face. Stricken with grief, she and Weston pull apart. This new distance leads them both to disaster. Not until a chance encounter with her high school friend, Edward Barnes, does Brandy pull herself together. Brandy and Weston agree to recommit to each other, striving to forgive infidelity and recreate their previous existence.
Everything is once again going according to plan—until Brandy discovers she’s pregnant. While she struggles to cope with this new obstacle, Edward Barnes returns to town and discovers she’s having a baby, while Weston is torn between his love for his wife and his anger at her betrayal. Can Brandy manage to keep her marriage to Weston together? Will Edward be a part of Brandy’s life if she and Weston separate?